On a recent trip to the new produce stand, I purchased these yummy Cotton Candy Grapes.
“Description/Taste Cotton Candy® grapes look like your average green grape: oval-shaped, plump and firm. Their taste, however, is something entirely different. The flavor of these seedless grapes is unmistakably just like cotton candy. It is amazingly sweet, with a higher Brix level than the average green table grape and a texture that almost crunches. There is very little tartness, which holds the sweetness on the tongue, and a finish with hints of vanilla.” (from: specialty produce.com)
It was the cute “Fruit People” that lured me in to the produce stand. It didn’t look like much from the outside, but once I was inside, the amount of produce packed into this small space was amazing.
I had originally thought that I would use the grapes to make some kind of dessert, but then decided to try them in a chicken salad.
I’m so glad that I did! The sweet juicy grapes were the perfect compliment to the salty Marcona Almonds.
This salad is great on it’s own but would be amazing on some grilled crusty bread brushed with olive oil and garlic.
The perfect food for a sunny afternoon, on the patio, sipping a glass of Prosecco.
Lemon Rosemary Chicken Salad with Marcona Almonds and Cotton Candy Grapes
- 2 cups diced Lemon Rosemary Grilled Chicken (see previous post for recipe)
- 1/4 cup scallions, minced
- 1/4 cup celery, minced ( I like to include to leafy tops)
- 1/2 cups Cotton Candy grapes, halved ( cut in half before measuring)
- 1/4 cup chopped Marcona Almonds ( I used rosemary Marcona Almonds but plain salted will work as well)
- 1/2 cup good quality mayonnaise
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine. Add more mayo if needed. No salt is required in this recipe since the chicken as already seasoned and the salt on the almonds add the perfect amount of salt.
Hope you enjoy! Cheers!